The other day, I stopped by a local farmers market expecting to pick up some Indiana grown sweet corn. I did not expect to see so much other delicious produce that I had to get.
One of the first things that caught my eye was a pile of Sweet Banana Peppers. They are easily one of my favorite pizza and sandwich toppings. After purchasing a couple of pounds and getting them home, I knew they would make tasty pickles.
What has been your favorite farmers market find?
Pickled Sweet Banana Peppers
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 lb banana peppers
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed and peppercorns to a rolling boil.
- Slice peppers into 1/4 inch disk and put into clean mason jar.
- Pour brine over peppers so they are covered by a 1/2 inch of brine.
- Wipe off the rim and put lid and ring on.
- Leave for 1 week or longer to let peppers marinate