BBQ season might almost be over (or just starting depending on when you read this), but that should not stop you from enjoying a tasty BBQ sauce made using a can of Books & Brews beer.
The beer in question is Charlie & The Chocolate Milk Stout. The flavors from the roasted malts and chocolaty flavor give this condiment something special everyone will love.
Use it to top chicken, pork, or anything else that will benefit from a thick and tangy sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Can Charlie & The Chocolate Milk Stout (or dark beer of your choice)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Rum
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Salt & Pepper
Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, add tomatoes and cook for several minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, including a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
Taste for seasoning, and let the sauce cool to room temperature. Process in a blender until smooth.
If the sauce is to thick, thin it out with more beer.